2017 FBRA / FLCX Series Information
The Florida Bicycle Racing Association, is proud to announce the 2017 Florida Cyclocross Points Series. This series will allow racers to rank themselves against other riders in the state within each category, and team. Points Series Champion jerseys will be awarded. The points system will be administered using a results based ranking module developed by USA Cycling.
2017 FLCX Categories
- Junior 9-12 male/female combined
- Junior 13-16 male/female combined
- Junior 17-18 male/female combined
- Men Pro/1/2/open
- Men 3
- Men 4/5
- Women Pro/1/2/3/open
- Women 4
- Men master 35+
- Men master 45+
- Men master 55+
FLCX Race Requirements
- Any USA Cycling FLCX race pulled under a single USAC permit
- Races must be held on weekend or holidays
- Events/Promoters must follow the 2017 FLCX categories
- Events must display the FLCX logo on their flyer for rider awareness
- There are no promoter fees to have events included
- Promoters are encouraged to hold all categories
- Prize money, length of races, and schedule of race are at the discretion of each individual promoter
- Finish scoring must include all riders participating.
- Scoring will be based on a sliding participation scale (please refer to attached points model)
- FLCX series awards (medals) paid for by the FBRA. Awards for all individual categories 3 deep. There will be one overall team award covering all categories one deep
- Results must be submitted to USA Cycling or the FBRA within 48 hours of the finish of the event for all FLCX categories. Results must be submitted in the USAC prescribed format for the competition reporting module with team name left blank. The module will auto fill the riders USAC registered team name. The FBRA will provide this format and assist with results submission as needed.
- FLCX season will begin September 1, 2017 and end on January 31, 2018.
- Riders will accumulate points for their 11 highest points finishes. This number is determined and set by September 1 of each year based on the number of eligible CX events.
- Series awards will be distributed at the final FLCX race.
- FBRA to provide points updates, marketing via website, social media and e-mail
- FLCX States results do not count towards series awards.
FLCX Team Competition
- Categories same as FLCX categories
- Team trophy for first place finishing team covering all categories combined
- Team must be a USA Cycling licensed team to participate in the team competition
- Accumulate only from the top 2 riders placing for each team in a race
- Riders will accumulate points for a team only if the rider is registered with the team as per their USA Cycling license. If a rider changes teams during the season, the team points a rider has earned up to that point do not transfer to the new team.
- A rider’s team is that listed on a rider’s license at USAC. Results will only be amended if the team name change at USAC is made within 10 days of the event. If you wish a new hard copy license with the name change, login to your account at USAC and request a license reissue for .
- Points will apply from the team’s top 10 team finishes in events. This number will be determined and set by September 1 of each year based on the anticipated number of eligible CX events.
- Any ties in either team or individual rankings will be decided by the highest number of first place finishes. If this doesn’t resolve the tie, then it will be decided by the highest number of second place finishes, etc.
See below for Points Grid
|2017 FLCX Points Grid|
Series Contact (For scoring inquiries): Ryan Woodall (Email)
Womens Cat 4/5
CX All SS
Mens Pro/1/2 Open
Mens Cat 3
Womens Pro/1/2/3 Open
Overall Team Standings
(*) Denotes Young Rider (under 23)